Submission Guidelines for Faculty Publications
How to Get StartedLogin using the Account link at the top of the page. (If this is the first time you have used the AFIT Scholar login, you will need to sign up.)
- Click: Submit Research (left side)
- Click: Faculty publications
- Submit Research (lower left)
- Review and accept the Submission Agreement (click check box, and Continue)
- Fill in the Submission Form.
- Click Submit when the form is ready.
- You can put in another form, change what you did, or exit.
Who Can Submit
Faculty Publications accepts materials about work conducted under the auspices of the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT). For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit a Paper
1. Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as an RTF file. If you have questions, please contact AFIT Scholar.
We can convert files from some programs into an acceptable format. Please contact AFIT Scholar Administrators.
2. Write an abstract for your paper. It can be any length.
3. Submit the paper by emailing it to AFIT Scholar. Include in an email message the following things: abstract; keywords; and name, affiliation (department and university), and email address for each author.
4. If you have any questions, contact AFIT Scholar.
Overview of the Process
After you submit your paper, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of it and publish it on the site. You will be notified by e-mail when the paper is posted.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to email@example.com. We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.
If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.